The US will contribute 100% towards the roughing pumps and vacuum auxiliary system.
The ITER tokamak, cryostat, and auxiliary vacuum chambers must be evacuated prior to and during operations. The roughing pump system exhausts the torus and neutral beam injector cryopumps, service vacuum, and cryostat. This system will utilize a matrix of pump trains with various technologies to match specific vacuum system requirements, including tritium-compatible backing pumps for torus and neutral beam cryopumps.
The vacuum auxiliary system consists of valves, pipe manifolds, auxiliary pumps, sensors, and controls. The torus and neutral beam injector vacuum manifolds of this system need to be tritium compatible.
For more information, contact:
Charles Smith - Vacuum Auxiliary and Roughing Pumps Systems Team Leader - US ITER Project Office
email@example.com | 865-241-8576
- Steady State Electrical Network
- Central Solenoid
- Toroidal Field Conductor
- Ion Cyclotron Heating Transmission Lines
- Instrumentation and Controls
- Pellet Inject (Fueling) System
- Tokamak Exhaust Processing System
- Electron Cyclotron Heating Transmission Lines
- Disruption Mitigation System
- Tokamak Cooling Water System