The US will contribute 100% towards the pellet injection system for fueling and edge localized mode mitigation.
ITER will require significant fueling capability to operate at high density for long durations. Pellet injection provides efficient core and edge fueling and will deliver hydrogen, deuterium, or a deuterium/tritium mixture as required by plasma operations. Delivering fuel pellets to the plasma edge mitigates edge localized mode instabilities.
For more information, contact:
Dave Rasmussen - Pellet Injection, Disruption Mitigation and Residual Gas Analyzer Team Leader - US ITER Project Office
email@example.com | 865-574-1158
- Vacuum Auxiliary and Roughing Pumps Systems
- Steady State Electrical Network
- Central Solenoid
- Toroidal Field Conductor
- Ion Cyclotron Heating Transmission Lines
- Instrumentation and Controls
- Tokamak Exhaust Processing System
- Electron Cyclotron Heating Transmission Lines
- Disruption Mitigation System
- Tokamak Cooling Water System